Monday, February 18, 2013

Bitches get shit done

When it comes to hormones, emotions, and peer pressure sometimes being a woman can seriously suck. But the best part of being a woman is we can take it all and still go out into the world and get shit done. Being a woman is such a powerful thing that can reap countless benefits.

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." - Maya Angelou
Just like most people in the south, I indulge each week in the ABC show Nashville.  Hayden Panettiere plays a sassy controlling young country singer who takes full advantage of her looks and power. At the beginning of the season I really just wanted to punch her.  But the more I think about it, the more I would kind of like to be a little more like her. She knows what she wants and she's willing to do whatever it takes to get there. As Tina Fey would say, "bitches get shit done".  She sang a song called "I'm a Girl" a couple of episodes back that kind of resonated why being a woman has its perks. One of the verses says, "I'm a girl I got skills I can dance all night in five inch heels can make you feel like the luckiest boy in the world..". Another says, "I'm a girl oh yeah I can get a free drink from flipping my hair". How true is all of that? I mean, I can't personally wear five inch heels with out making a fool of myself..but you get the picture.

We know what we want in life.  We have dreams and goals.  We are always willing to take the steps needed to achieve them. Not only do we have these ambitions but we also have the emotions that push us to work harder.

Alicia Keys' song "Girl on Fire" kind of sums it all up.
 "Looks like a girl, but she's a flame, So bright, she can burn your eyes, Better look the other way, You can try but you'll never forget her name, She's on top of the world, Hottest of the hottest girls say"
Another good example is Lana Del Rey's "Radio"
  "American dreams came true somehowI swore I'd chase 'em till I was deadI heard the streets were paved with gold.."
Clearly I love music and it inspires me in so many ways. Here lately it has just been reminding me to be the strong motivated woman that I know I am. I love that. It makes me want to work hard and be a better person to reach the goals I have set out for myself and my career. It makes me want to get shit done.

Until next time, 
KND

No comments:

Post a Comment